Monday, February 14, 2011

Best of 2010: Films

40. Babies
39.
Jackass 3D
38. Unstoppable
37. Rabbit Hole
36. Shutter Island
35. Best Worst Movie
34. Splice
33. I Love You, Phillip Morris
32. The Runaways
31. True Grit
30. Strange Powers: Stephin Merritt & the Magnetic Fields
29. The Town
28. Let Me In
27. 127 Hours
26. Kick Ass
25. Hot Tub Time Machine
24. Another Year
23. Get Him to The Greek
22. The Kids are Alright
21. Temple Grandin
20. Catfish
19. Buried
18. The White Stripes: Under Great White Northern Lights
17. The Fighter
16. How to Train Your Dragon
15. Never Let Me Go
14. The King’s Speech
13. Inception
12. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
11. Somewhere
10. Last Train Home
9. Who Is Harry Nilsson? (And Why Is Everybody Talkin’ About Him)
8.
Dogtooth
7. The Social Network
6. Exit Through the Gift Shop
5. Fish Tank
4. Greenberg
3. Blue Valentine
2. Black Swan
1. Toy Story 3


If I write a blurb about Toy Story 3, I'll start thinking about the ending, and then I might start sobbing. Oh my GOD. I can't think of a more emotionally loaded ending scene in any film. I swear, all the tears in the theater eliminated years of spilled soda stickiness from the floor. That's kind of a gross image... But really, this is one of the greatest animated films ever, and easily my favorite film of the year.

I actually caught some of Toy Story 2 on TV today, and it suddenly was much sadder than I remembered. I also saw an ad on the bus for Toy Story 3 ON ICE. I just don't know about that. Though I'm pretty sure if you collect all the tears shed from the movie going public, you could fill the rink. Ice tea-r. Ouch.

No comments: