Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Punk/Post-Punk/Indie Valentine's Day Mix










Valentine's Day Mix
alternative link

Songs of Undying Love, Unrequited Love,
Potential Love, Crushes, Sad Love, Questioning Love,
and just Romance in general

1. Beat Happening - Let's Kiss
2. Husker Du - Love is All Around
3. The Clash - 1-2 Crush on You
4. Ramones - I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
5. Wire - Feeling Called Love
6. Buzzcocks - Love You More
7. The Soft Boys - Kingdom of Love
8. The Slits - Love and Romance
9. The Raincoats - In Love
10. Talking Heads - I'm Not in Love
11. Violent Femmes - Prove My Love
12. Orange Juice - L.O.V.E. Love
13. The Cure - Love Song
14. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart (7" version)
15. Young Marble Giants - Searching for Mr. Right
16. The Field Mice - If You Need Someone
17. The Smiths - There is a Light that Never Goes Out
18. Echo & the Bunnymen - The Back of Love
19. The Replacements - Kiss Me on the Bus
20. Dinosaur Jr. - Just Like Heaven
21. The Pixies - La La Love You
22. Tiger Trap - Supercrush
23. The Vaselines - Molly's Lips
24. The Pastels - I'm Alright With You
25. The Modern Lovers - Girl Friend
26. New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

I'll be playing selections from this mix
on my radio show this Thursday. It airs from 6-7 pm on
http://www.clarku.edu/students/rocu/

4 comments:

beatmaster23 said...

excellent tracklist, but could you re-upload somewhere else that is not megaupload... they never seem to have available slots for my country, whereas i have no issue with zshare or even rapidshare. cheers,

francisco

Unknown said...

I'm sorry- I would but zshare and rapidshare only have a 100 meg upload limit. This mix is more than 100 megs. Any other options?

Anonymous said...

This is great! I especially like the inclusion of Field Mice and Tiger Trap. Thanks very much.

Morgan G. said...

Hey, just found your blog. You've got some excellent mixes! I'm really enjoying this Valentine's mix as well as all the Pete & Pete mixes. Gotta love Polaris. Keep up the good work!