Friday, October 22, 2010

INDIE SELECTIONS RADIO! 10-19-10


Wow! I'm at Boston College. It is very different from Clark University. However, it is like Clark University in that it has a radio station. Yet BC also has an FM station, one that is actually on the air.

Am I on FM? No. But if all goes well, next semester I will be!

I currently have AM show every Tuesday from 12-1pm. This entire sentence will lead you to the stream website. It has no name, but it is basically "Indie Selections for Your Erections Radio." It's a bit of a mouthful, but hey, I already have the blog and all.

As no one listens to online streaming radio as it airs, I will be making podcasts. Each week I will post them here, starting with the podcast for 10-19-10. Oh, what's this?!

ISYES Podcast - 10/19/10


Playlist:
Guided by Voices - Over the Neptune/ Mesh Gear Fox
Galaxie 500 - Tugboat
Gary Numan - Metal
Daniel Johnston - Life in Vain
The Go! Team - Huddle Formation
Devendra Banhart - A Sight to Behond
Deerhoof - The Merry Barracks
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Upside Down
Joanna Newsom - The Book of Right-On
Joy Division - Colony
Kraftwerk - Robots
The Normal - Warm Leatherette


How fun! Also I will soon be posting more amaturish show recordings, as I have been to lots of shows recently. The Vaselines...Deerhoof...The Walkmen...Belle & Sebastian...Dean Wareham Plays Galaxie 500... it's been a great Fall so far. I recorded all of those! Look for the Vaselines very soon. Living in Boston is pure genius when it comes to shows. I'm used to driving a good 50-90 minutes from either Worcester or Providence, and then having to pay another $10 or $15 in parking. Now it's a $2 T ride there and then a $2 T ride back. Now I just need to understand how people get to The Middle East without a car...

1 comment:

I AM CALIFORNIA BONES, BROKEN said...

holy fucking shit this is so awesome! i used to follow you on LJ wayy back in the day and i do remember you always having an awesome taste in music! your podcasts will definitely be on my list to listen to! directtv just cut out xm radio and xmu was the only really good connection i had to good music! anyway, awesome job & can't wait to see what you'll have next! -Geraldine